EMS import

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
cdietrich

EMS import

Post by cdietrich »

Hi Emmanuel
We are all unfortunate that we now have to use the EMS system, and this wipes a lot of the data that has been built in the waterski scooring program.
In Denmark we use the 'Club' field in all our competitions, this field is not available in EMS, hence I have to hand edit all skiers every time I import from EMS = I will only import EMS once. And it will cost a lot of time.
In the EMS import dialogs, we get the option to import skier data from several of the existing databases. Will it be possible to include import of all the fields that EMS doesn't support, I guess that all the fields are there for a good reason (Club, League, Team).

I guess that we will find a lot of shortcommings with the EMS system, and I hope that we will be able to cover them in your fantastic program.

Casper (And Kenny)
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: EMS import

Post by emmanuel »

Hi Casper and Kenny,

- I already mentioned last year to EMS people that the league and club should be in the EMS.
Their answer is that it was not foreseen, and might come in the version 2.
You can write directly to them, if you wish (or to Morten, as he is one of the coordinator).

- I will check if I can import the rest of the fields from my database (club and league).
It should be possible.

Emmanuel
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: EMS import

Post by emmanuel »

Hi,

in last version, club and league of imported skiers from EMS are now read from ranking database.

Emmanuel