Import skiers list

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
janpresz

Import skiers list

Post by janpresz »

Hello,
I'm a waterski calculator. In the scoring program is an option for import skiers. I tried to use this but an error is a result. Could you check it? The error msg is "Zip file could not be opened", is there any other option to import list of skiers from wsk or (would be the best) csv file?

Could you also explain me what is a wsm file? How can I generated it?

Why i'm asking. Every year i'm facing with mistakes related to input skiers. Wrong category, wrong club, not on a slalom/trick overall list etc. The most time consuming is adding a skiers. In my country I would like to provide a test solution and force skiers to use website for registration on competitions. If I achieve it then I would like to generate file and import it to software. It should save me a lot of time and mistakes.

Best Regards
Jan Presz
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Import skiers list

Post by emmanuel »

Hi Jan,

1) for the "zip error", I need the file you tried to import, and a screen shot of the error message.
You can post the file and screen shot here.

2) there is no import of csv file.

3) a .wsm file is a template file: this file can be used when creating a new competition, by selecting it in the "create file" dialog.
You can create it by creating a normal scoring file, with a predefined setup, then you rename it as .wsm file, and place it in template folder of scoring software (typically: C:\ProgramData\Waterski\Scoring\Data\Classic\Templates).

To be use with care !!

Regards,
Emmanuel
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Import skiers list

Post by emmanuel »

There is also a possibility to import skiers a csv file in a "national perfs" database
Then it is possible to choose that when creating a skier (with "advanced" button)

Go in menu "Administration", "Classic", "Skier's database", choose "PerfNational":
then you have an import button available.

Emmanuel