Publish Top 3 (podium)

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
villep

Publish Top 3 (podium)

Post by villep »

Hi
Does anyone know how to publish the top 3 skiers in all events as they have done in word championship?
I have tried checking the Podium when publiching the files for 09SWE35 but it did not help or I did some other misstake.
Thanks
Vilhelm
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Publish Top 3 (podium)

Post by emmanuel »

villep wrote:Hi
Does anyone know how to publish the top 3 skiers in all events as they have done in word championship?
I have tried checking the Podium when publiching the files for 09SWE35 but it did not help or I did some other misstake.
Thanks
Vilhelm
Hi Vilhelm,

Yes, I know how !

1) Go to print individual classifications
2) select all podiums you want to print.
in column "Form to print", choose the form you need to print for each results
(they will be different options for overall than for the rest)
3) in "Up to rank", choose 3
4) Do a preview to check that it is what you want
5) Do "Export to htlm", and save the file as "podiums.html"
(Don't go to publish, as the file name is not the correct one, and it can not be changed...)
6) in Menu Publish, Publish files, add the file "podiums.html" that you saved somewhere
and "publish"...

Ok, it is not simple, I could have done a better programming...

Emmanuel
villep

Post by villep »

Thanks for the instructions- They where clear and i think I understand. I will do the export later tonight.
I think the program works all fine. I tested live updade and a lot other functions and everything where quite understandable.
During the Word Champion there where server problem, but i guess that where due to havy load.
Only thing to change is if links to results can be diasabled until results has been puplished, all other works fine in my opinion.
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

villep wrote:Thanks for the instructions- They were clear and i think I understand. I will do the export later tonight.
ok
During the Word Champion there were server problem, but i guess that where due to havy load.
Yes, I suppsoe also. I am using a free service.
Usually, there is about 250 unique vistors per day.
During the Worlds, it came up to 3500, with more than 250 connected simultaneously in the live on saturday and sunday.
Only thing to change is if links to results can be disabled until results has been puplished, all other works fine in my opinion.
Yes, I know... it statically done, not dynamic: link are pre-establish from software, whereas there is a corresponding file or not.
I need to change it... time...

Emmanuel
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

For the podiums,
I improved that a little:
you can now publish directly from print window, choosing Publish, "Publish all in one Html file" options
if you have 3 in "up to rank", the default file name will be "podiums"...
Just do "check for update", and get the last version.

Emmanuel