Cableski and Overall Calculation

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
cablejudge

Cableski and Overall Calculation

Post by cablejudge »

Hello Emmanuel,
we are having some discussions and problems regarding the overall calcuation and hope you can shed some light on it.
When setting up a new competition with the wizard, I choose the overall table "2007 1000 Points" for the standard.
The proposed setting on the screen "classifications" for "create an overall classification for each sex, category and division" is then already wrong, as this says "Total of 3 best rounds" - as there are only two. But what to choose then? Naturally I would choose "Preliminary and Final", but this seems to be wrong, as afterwards in the settings I underestand that this does the overall classification with the Final round overall results, right? So I believe the wright one for Cableski is "Best of 2 rounds" (the result is then as in Screenshot 1) - can you please confirm this?
For clarification: our overall rule (rule 4.1) says: "Each skier shall be awarded in each event a certain number ofoverall points according to the computation of his better score in either the preliminary or final round".
Another question we have is the selection possibilites for the entry "To be classified in overall a skier must have" (see screenshot 2): The first option (overall points) is clear. But what exactly is the difference between "Scored" and "Participated"?
Thanks and best regards
Juergen
Attachments
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 1
Sc1.jpg (69.22 KiB) Viewed 23667 times
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 2
Sc2.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 23668 times
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Cableski and Overall Calculation

Post by emmanuel »

Hello Juergen,

1) Overall:
- "best of n round" will compute the overall total for round 1, round 2... round n, and then will take the best score
- You have to choose: "Total of best overall per event" = best of slalom + best of tricks + best of jump

2) To be classified in overall a skier must have:
- "Overall points in 3 events": that means more than 0 overall points in slalom, tricks and jump (14m jump will get you out of overall, as you need 15.1 to get any overall points in open men cableski category)
- "Scored in 3 events": that means a score more than 0 in slalom, tricks and jump (3 falls in jump will get you out of overall)
- "Participated in 3 events": that mean that you must score 0 or more to be in overall, and no score will get you you out of overall. (3 falls in jump gives a 0 score, and classify you for the overall)

Emmanuel
cablejudge

Post by cablejudge »

- "Overall points in 3 events": that means more than 0 overall points in slalom, tricks and jump (14m jump will get you out of overall, as you need 15.1 to get any overall points in open men cableski category)
- "Scored in 3 events": that means a score more than 0 in slalom, tricks and jump (3 falls in jump will get you out of overall)
Hm, I do not really understand the difference here? A score in Jump with less then 14 m would be counted as "scored" but not as "overall points"? And it would only be jump where this would make any difference, yes? Just out of curiosity: is this used anywhere?
"Participated in 3 events": that mean that you must score 0 or more to be in overall, and no score will get you you out of overall. (3 falls in jump gives a 0 score, and classify you for the overall)
Just for Cableski scorers reading this: this one is the correct one for Cable. To give a "proper" score of 0, other rules must be considered; for example a fall in Trick or Slalom with 0 must be in the competition area of Trick or Slalom to really receive the 0 points for overall. If a fall is before the competition area the entry for the result must be empty / blank.
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

cablejudge wrote:Hm, I do not really understand the difference here? A score in Jump with less then 14 m would be counted as "scored" but not as "overall points"? And it would only be jump where this would make any difference, yes? Just out of curiosity: is this used anywhere?
"Overall points in 3 events" was used in classic a few years ago: you must have overall points > 0 to be classify in overall; wheach means that, in a worlds, a jump score of 25m or below would have not get you in overall.
Now, for classic, the correct option is "Scored in 3 events".
cablejudge wrote:Just for Cableski scorers reading this: this one is the correct one for Cable.
Yes, for cableski, "Participated in 3 events" is the correct one.

Emmanuel
cablejudge

Post by cablejudge »

Hello,
thanks for the clarification regaring the "Overall points in all 3 events".
But I am still having some topics.
- If you choose in the Overall Classification "Preliminary and Final round" - what is the effect of that?
- In a test I made I marked a skier as Team member, but let him participate in only one event. Naturally I do not mark in the skiers file "Overall" then, as he can not be in the Overall results. The result was that the skier in his event received more then 1000 overall points (in case he is better then the first skier who is marked team member and has a flag for Overall as well). I have attached a screenshot of the detailed team result. It is the last skier on the list.
On the list BTW everything (skier, results) is marked with a star, just like non-team members on other lists. Is that on purpose?
Best regards
Juergen
Attachments
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 23616 times
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

cablejudge wrote:- If you choose in the Overall Classification "Preliminary and Final round" - what is the effect of that?
The same way you would do this for slalom, tricks and jump !
This will calculate overall total for preliminary round, overall total for final round and classify the skiers on top, those having the best score in final, and below, those not in final.
cablejudge wrote:- In a test I made I marked a skier as Team member, but let him participate in only one event. Naturally I do not mark in the skiers file "Overall" then, as he can not be in the Overall results. The result was that the skier in his event received more then 1000 overall points (in case he is better then the first skier who is marked team member and has a flag for Overall as well).
I did change something following the discussion we had on email on beginning of April.
If the skier get more the 1000 points, there might be a problem...
I will investigate that !
cablejudge wrote:On the list BTW everything (skier, results) is marked with a star, just like non-team members on other lists. Is that on purpose?
On this list, the star indicates the results retained for the team (the 3 best slalom scores, 3 best tricks scores, 3 best jump scores. I agree with you: this is a little confusing with the rest of the programm, where the star indicates individuals (non team member) skiers.
Maybe onother sign (bold ?) would be better ?

Regards,

Emmanuel
cablejudge

Post by cablejudge »

The same way you would do this for slalom, tricks and jump !
This will calculate overall total for preliminary round, overall total for final round and classify the skiers on top, those having the best score in final, and below, those not in final.
Yes, of course! Thanks.
Best regards
Juergen