Live results

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
villep

Live results

Post by villep »

Hi
Just installed the latest version mostly to see where the live result where placed since I can no longer find it on waterski.online.fr.
Will there be a new place for the live results?
I can no longer find any settings and buttons for publishing the live results, has the function been removed or have I forgot how to do the setup?
I understand that it is hard to handle all the results but the live results really turned the result publication to a new level and it where really a good feature.
Thanks for a good job, I will test the latest version more when I have time and run a test competition by my own.

Best regard
Vilhelm Persson
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Live results

Post by emmanuel »

villep wrote: Will there be a new place for the live results?
I can no longer find any settings and buttons for publishing the live results, has the function been removed or have I forgot how to do the setup?
I understand that it is hard to handle all the results but the live results really turned the result publication to a new level and it where really a good feature.
Hello Vilhelm,
Sorry, there is no more live results: the cost (mainly time) of maintaining a web site with publication + the software to publish them is too high.

Emmanuel
villep

Post by villep »

Oh so sad :-(
I really liked the service, but I understand that it took a lot of time.

If we are a lot of people requesting the live results one solution might be to have EAME or IWSF to host and have first line support and then make a team of people helping to get the service to run. In that case it will be the publication service in the program that will be the extra work for you, but I think that part where quite stable.

Best regards
Vilhelm
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

villep wrote:I really liked the service, but I understand that it took a lot of time.

If we are a lot of people requesting the live results one solution might be to have EAME or IWSF to host and have first line support and then make a team of people helping to get the service to run.
Well: I proposed Eame a solution to keep this service, but they refused it.

Emmanuel