Connecting Leica instrument to Homologen Software

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Homologation software
tomas

Connecting Leica instrument to Homologen Software

Post by tomas »

I have a Leica TPS800 total station.
I tried all possible setting and had no success to connect instrument with WaterSki software.
Any help apreciated.
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Connecting Leica instrument to Homologen Software

Post by emmanuel »

tomas wrote:I have a Leica TPS800 total station.
I tried all possible setting and had no success to connect instrument with WaterSki software.
Any help apreciated.
Hello Tomas,
You can check in your Leica documentation the protocoll used by your theodolite to send the data.
You might also look in the c:\Programm files\Waterski\Homologation folder, the .theo files (they are text files) and see if you can adpat the setting to your Leica's protocol.

Also, the protocol is for Rs232 com. If you have anything else, it will not work.

Emmanuel
tomas

Post by tomas »

Thanks for replay, I will try to get a GSI output format from Leica RS232 interface.
Currently I can get only binary format.
tomas

Post by tomas »

I got it nearly working. Thanks.

I had to change these parameters:
[HorzAngle]
; Start is the string to recognize HorzAngle in data.
; length is the length of the portion of string where HorzAngle should be read,
; starting right after "start"
; Factor is the division factor: if data read 1234567 for angle 123.4567, then Factor should be 10000
;
Start=21.024+
Length=16
Factor=100000

[VertAngle]
; same as HorzAngle
; Mode=H if 0 on horizon, V if 0 vertical
Start=22.024+
Length=16
Factor=100000
Mode=V
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

tomas wrote:I got it nearly working.
Great... if "nearly" is enough !
You should name the file anything else that the existing ones (but keep .theo extension), otherwise, it might be overwritten by installing a new version.
You can also send to me your new .theo file (you can attach file on a post here): that might be of any help to other homologators.

Emmanuel
nigeltalamo

Post by nigeltalamo »

Dear Tomas,
The Leica download should work with any Leica 300, 400, 700 or 800 series so it should work with yours. I use a TCR705 and my previous instrument was a TC307. I use exactly the same settings on both instruments. When using it you will find that after transmitting an entry, a message will appear on your instrument which says communication error. Just press OK and the instrument will reset. I couldn't lose this error message but it is not important because the download works perfectly. On my machines, I program the trigger button on the side to send the information. You can also use the ALL button on the front. To set up your instrument, you should have these settings:

DOWNLOAD TO PC
Data: MEASUREMENTS
Form: GSI

COMMUNICATION SETTINGS
Baudrate: 9600
Databits: 8
Parity: NONE
Endmark: CR/LF
Stopbits: 1

SYSTEM SETTINGS
Data Output: RS232
GSI-Format: GSI16
GSI-Mask: MASK1

You will see in the Lion program that there are 3 Leica download options depending on which system you are using (decimal degrees, grades or degrees/minutes/seconds). Make sure that you have the correct one selected.

I hope that the download works for you. If you have a problem, please contact me and I will see if I can find an answer.
All the best, Nigel