Propriatary element

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Homologation software
cdietrich

Propriatary element

Post by cdietrich »

Hi
Is it possible to create a propriatary element.
We have a junior course in one of our lakes, similar to a disabled setup, but with 8.5m to the buoys.
Currently I just use the disabled, and accept that the Junior course is marked as errors.
But if I could create a table myself, setup will be more clean.
Thanks
Casper Dietrich
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Propriatary element

Post by emmanuel »

Hi,

Currently, it would be difficult to implement that.

Internally, I do use a table of which buoys should be measured, and another table for which measurement, with tolerances should be calculated.
But,
1) these tables contain also other data that I need internally (position, color of buoys, measurement method, reference buoy/axis for measurement...) which would make it difficult for anybody to create such a table for a new course.
2) In the software, the type of element (slalom course, jump course...) is not dynamical. I would required another set of changes to make that dynamical.

Actually, it is much less work for me to add such new course in the software, as to leave it free to user...
If you are alone in the big world with such a 8.5m course, you may understand that I leave it as it is.
If, on the other hand, this course is used in more sites, and novice competitions are run on it, I could add it.

Regards,
Emmanuel
cdietrich

Post by cdietrich »

Hi Emmanuel

This is not a big issue, the Junior course is not ranked - and only used for beginners and beginner competitions, and I can live with manually calculating the offset - the program does tell me all the data - they are just yellow....

This junior course is used in many lakes in Denmark, and Sweden (I'm not sure that the Swedish is 8.5m)

Thanks
Casper
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

Casper,

Another possibility would be to make the width of the slalom an input parameter:
For disabled, it is 6,40 as default, but you could enter 8.50 (or anything else), and the course would be calculated with that tolerance...

Emmanuel
cdietrich

Post by cdietrich »

Hi Emmanuel
That would be a perfect solution.
Casper