Copy an element from one .hom file to another

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Homologation software
KennyF

Copy an element from one .hom file to another

Post by KennyF »

Hi all

During the nationals I usually make 2 homologation dossiers as we have 2 different competitions running.
Are any of you familiar with a way to copy an element from one file to another?

It would be easyer if there was an export and an import for one element only. A few years back I remember there was an import filter i think...

Emmanuel,
I know i probably could just open the file in Notepad and copy the survey in there as a DOS part - but if I do so will the icon in the receiving dossier come up by itself, or do I have to post a new element first and afterwards go in and do the txt trick to overwrite the missing measurements with the copy from the former file?

Thanks
Kenny
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Copy an element from one .hom file to another

Post by emmanuel »

KennyF wrote:Hi all

During the nationals I usually make 2 homologation dossiers as we have 2 different competitions running.
Are any of you familiar with a way to copy an element from one file to another?

It would be easyer if there was an export and an import for one element only. A few years back I remember there was an import filter i think...

Emmanuel,
I know i probably could just open the file in Notepad and copy the survey in there as a DOS part - but if I do so will the icon in the receiving dossier come up by itself, or do I have to post a new element first and afterwards go in and do the txt trick to overwrite the missing measurements with the copy from the former file?

Thanks
Kenny
Hello Kenny,

No, there no possibility to export/import one element of the dossier.
Yes, you could use notepad (as it is a text file) to open both files, and copy the element from file1 to file2.
- you must copy the entire section, begining with [YourElement] and finishing where the next [other element] section starts.
- Although, it will works, it is better if element have different names (in editor, what is between the []).

Regards, Emmanuel