Installation problem

Help, problems, suggestions about Waterski Scoring software
Paolo

Installation problem

Post by Paolo »

Hi Manu',
I'm trying to install the last version of your scoring software (2008_06d) but after the set-up the installation does not start and athat messagge is shown:

Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"

what can I do?

Thanks
see you soon
paolo
emmanuel
Site Admin

Re: Installation problem

Post by emmanuel »

Paolo wrote:Hi Manu',
I'm trying to install the last version of your scoring software (2008_06d) but after the set-up the installation does not start and athat messagge is shown:

Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"
what can I do?
Hello Paolo,

I don't know.
Is it a error message from install, or from Scoring Software after the install ?

is it the first install on this computer ?
Did the 2008.05 install work ?

Which system are you using ?
Windows XP ? Vista ? Windows 2000 ? or Windows 98 ? (<- this could be a problem).

Emmanuel

Post by Guest »

the error is from the install after the set_up of where you like the installation etc etc when everything is ready and you click install it appears.

it is not the first istallation I've used many versions, now I have installed and working 2008_05g

OP is windows 2000 professional

now the 2008_05g is on disk C:

I tried to install 2008_06d on disk D: same problem! same error message!

I scare to unistall the 2008_05g before try again 2008_06, I cannot stay without the scoring software.
emmanuel
Site Admin

Post by emmanuel »

Guest wrote:the error is from the install after the set_up of where you like the installation etc etc when everything is ready and you click install it appears.

it is not the first istallation I've used many versions, now I have installed and working 2008_05g

OP is windows 2000 professional

now the 2008_05g is on disk C:

I tried to install 2008_06d on disk D: same problem! same error message!

I scare to unistall the 2008_05g before try again 2008_06, I cannot stay without the scoring software.
I don't know: I did not change anything in the install between both version. just the version n° of software !
Did you try the "check for update" possibility in Scoring software itself ? (in menu help...)

Emmanuel

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:46 pm.